Nutrition and Food Services
National Nutrition Month ®
Each year during March, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) celebrate National Nutrition Month® by promoting the importance of making informed food choices while developing both sound eating and physical activity habits. National Nutrition Month® serves as an opportunity to remind the public and the media that RDNs are the most valuable and credible sources of timely and scientifically based food and nutrition information.
Learn more about National Nutrition Month® from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
This year, the National Nutrition Month® theme is “Personalize Your Plate”. This theme supports the philosophy that nutrition and health goals are personal and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! By partnering with a VA RDN, Veterans can learn to create a plate that helps them meet their individual goals.
Personalize Your Plate By:
1. Meal Planning: Enjoy healthful eating at school, work, and at home
2. Cooking and Prep: Learn skills to create tasty meals to share and enjoy
3. Vary Your Diet: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day that you enjoy
4. Visit an Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN): VA RDNs can help you develop a personalized health plan based on your values, needs, and goals to improve your overall health and well-being.
Contact a VA Registered Dietitian Nutritionist at your facility today to learn more.
This year, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day on Wednesday, March 10. As the nation's food and nutrition experts, RDNs are committed to improving the health of their patients, clients and communities.
- Nutrition and Food Services Healthy Teaching Kitchen program
- Nutrition Health Topics - Nutrition information for specific health conditions such as Diabetes and High Cholesterol
- Whole Health Program
- MOVE!® Weight Management program
- Fresh Focus Podcast